Pink Grapefruit and Pomegranate Soda
makes about 6 drinks
- 1/2 cup pink or red grapefruit juice (from about 1 small grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice (from about 1 medium pomegranate)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 star anise pods
- Soda water
- Pomegranate arils for garnish (optional)
- Combine grapefruit juice, pomegranate juice, sugar, and star anise in a small saucepan over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugars.
- Remove from heat and let sit 30 minutes. Strain and discard solids. Let syrup cool completely.
- To serve, fill an 8-ounce glass halfway with ice cubes, add 3 tablespoons of syrup, fill with soda water, and stir. Add more syrup for a sweeter or stronger flavor. Garnish with pomegranate arils.
(Source: , via memorial-sky)